M Y   W A T E R T O N
Create an account

Getting Here 

 Add to Trip Planner

print map




Printable Maps and Directions

From Calgary (approximately 3 hour drive)

From Banff National Park (approximately 4 hour dirve)

From Lethbridge (approximately 1.5 hour drive)

From Cranbrook, British Columbia (approximately 3 hours drive)

From West Glacier, Glacier National Park, Montana (approximately 2.5 hour drive)

From Vancouver, British Columbia (approximately 13 hour drive)

From Great Falls (approximately 4 hour drive)

From Kalispell (approximately 3.5 hour drive)

Nearby Airports are located in

  • Calgary and Lethbridge, Alberta
  • Cranbrook, British Columbia
  • Kalispell and Great Falls, Montana

Canadian Border Crossing

Visitors traveling from the United States into Canada or vice versa can use any of the following six ports of entry:

  • Aden, Alberta/Whitlash, Montana
  • Carway, Alberta/Peigan, Montana; Open all year; daily, 0700 hrs - 2300 hrs
  • Del Bonita, Alberta/Del Bonita, Montana; June 1 - Sept 15, 0800 hrs - 2100 hrs Sept 16 - May 31, 0900 hrs - 1800 hrs
  • Wild Horse, Alberta/Wild Horse, Montana; 
  • Coutts, Alberta/Sweetgrass, Montana; Open all year, daily 24 hour service
  • Chief Mountain, Alberta/Chief Mountain, Montana. OPEN June 1 - Oct 31 0700 hrs - 2200 hrs

For further information on border crossing, you can contact any of the following:

  • Canada Customs Regional Office Suite 320, Harry Hays Building 220 - 4th Ave. S.E., Calgary AB T2G OL1
  • Chief Mtn. Port (403)653-3535 (Canadian side), (406)732-5572 (USA side)
  • Carway Alberta Port of Entry Headquarters, crossing the border information Ph (403)653-3009

Customs and Immigration

Visitors from all countries except the US will need a valid passport to enter Canada. They may also require other documentation such as a visas or alien card. Check with a Canadian embassy.

US citizens are required to provide proof of citizenship upon request. In order for a US citizen to prove country of residence, a voter's registration, social security card or driver's license is acceptable. Persons under 18 years traveling without their parents should have a letter of authorization from a parent or guardian to travel into Canada.

Each visitor may import, duty free, a maximum of 40 ounces (1.1 litres) of liquor, or 24 12-oz cans of beer or ale into Canada as personal luggage. Up to 50 cigars, 200 cigarettes, and 400 grams of tobacco and 400 tobacco sticks may be allowed entry duty free. To import tobacco products, a person must be 18 years of age or over.

Visitors may bring sporting equipment and personal goods for their own use, duty free, by declaring them at entry. Once in every 31 day period, after being in Canada for at least 48 hours US visitors may take back merchandise for personal or household use up to the value of $400 duty free. US visitors spending less than 48 hours, may take back $200 worth of merchandise free of US duty and tax. Other visitors should check the customs regulation of their own country prior to departure.


Contact Us   |   Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy Copyright © 2011